Monday, March 28, 2011

Meet The Chief

So my dad is very into Native American Arts and Artists. He's very involved with the Heard Museum, a true Arizona treasure. He loves all things Native. A few weeks ago, A was traveling around to garage sales looking for rare and amazing treasures- and, in his searching, he found this:
   We call him The Chief and he is freaking huge!!! He's about 8 1/2 feet tall and made fully of wood. He is handpainted front and back. He's definitely not cuddly or cute.
   There is some extremely long and intricate story about the piece's Arizona historical significance, but it is all very hazy mostly because I wasn't feeling well the day A picked it up. After waking up from a long, strange nap and feeling like utter crap, A tells me I need to go out to the garage. Let me paint the picture. The garage is pitch black and like everything in our house, the light switch is high up and I can hardly reach it. I turn on the lights and look in front of me. Nothing, I look to the left, still nothing. Then, I look to the right, and I see him. Now, A told me dude was big, he even told me he was close to 9ft tall, but I just couldn't wrap my head around it. Standing in the dimly lit garage, I am staring at him. He is huuuuge! Like super huge! And massively creepy.
   Unfortunately The Chief hung out in our garage for a good two weeks. Every time I entered the garage I was pretty sure he was staring at me. Now, this is not my dad's first creepy life size cut out. He also had Frankenstein in the basement in our house in Philly. That was also scary in the dim light.
   I am happy to report that today he made his way to my parents' house today! I cannot be happier. I have no idea what the Chief is going to do at his new home or where the hell he is going to hang out, but I'll report back.
   Here's a picture of my lunch from today. Kashi Pesto Pasta Something or Another. Yum! And yes, I eat with pink utensils. Not exclusively, but I would like to.

4 comments:

  1. did you make that lunch??? yummmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go............ Well done......... AD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your previous blogs ... but this one hit home, literally. Now "The chief" is in our garage. I have to say it's the perfect spot for it! Thank you for sharing your lunch ...
    Great blogging, looking forward to more.
    Your unbiased mother xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bugs- I put it in the microwave! It's a Kashi instant meal, and so good!

    Thank you, AD.

    Mom- I appreciate your kind unbiased words. xoxo Gossip Sar.

    ReplyDelete