Sunday, March 27, 2011

My Art Collection

   I would call myself an appreciator of the arts, and I've been working on a small collection of my own. I don't know how exactly I would describe my taste, so I will let my art collection speak for itself. 

   Since 7 months out of the year are completely beautiful in the Phoenix Metropolitan area, there are a ton of outdoor art festivals. We've been going yearly, and I've been very excited to discover (well, I didn't discover him!an amazing artist, based out of New Mexico. His name is St. Victor Diaries (Lynden St. Victor) and his work is incredible. I don't have any of his originals, though I do have several prints. I could not love them more. All of the paintings have complex stories and are rich with symbolism. My fiance, A, absolutely hates them. He thinks they are totally macabre and disturbing. I think they are powerful, romantic and uplifting! Such different perceptions, variety is the spice of life! haha! So these are the pieces that I own.What do YOU think?




Here's a link to St. Victor's website: http://www.stvictordiaries.com/

7 comments:

  1. Not native but very nice. You have learned well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your fiance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I learned from the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle, A will be very happy to hear your opinion ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the last one! I want it! Find me one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Halibug!!! Look at the link in the post! You can order it there ;-) Do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know what I think! Sweet Dreams is my favorite. Did you get a new one??? Love?

    ReplyDelete