Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Olive YOU!

I love Olives. This may be an understatement. I REALLY love Olives. I have loved Olives since I could chew solid food. I remember putting canned jumbo black olives on each one of my fingers and eating them off systematically. I think that it was because my mother craved salt when she was pregnant with me. She religiously ate cream chipped beef. Now, I don't eat beef, but she said it was so salty that it was close to the equivalent of pouring salt down your throat. Below is a picture of my favorite Olive Bar. It's at Safeway. They have a Greek Olive Medley that is absolutely to die for... and this amazing Feta and Greek Olive Salad.

   In other unrelated news, I'm going to be playing in a charity soccer game next weekend... and I'm freaking excited. I played soccer for a good chunk of my childhood. I loved it. I was never that competitive, but I keep telling J (who organized the team), that I want to win. He reminds me it's for charity, and I remind him that we're going to be supporting the charity, but we may as well win while we're doing it. We're having a practice on Saturday morning. We'll see how it goes. I can talk a good game, and I hope my gams can still back it up. I'll keep you updated!

4 comments:

  1. it's a good thing you've been wearing those shapeups or whatever the heck they are called then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!!! True that... gotta love the ShapeUps! You should see the full ShapeUp garb that I break out during my lunch walking. ShapeUps and leg weights that I wear on my arms. Ridic ;)
    I ate Lentil soup a la Progresso tonight and thought about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were a soccer goddess ... go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. olives make me gag ;-)

    ReplyDelete